Tuesday, January 30, 2018

The 2-1-2 Forecheck

Before getting into the following video, I mention in it that there's a simpler forecheck -- more suitable for younger or less experienced players -- offered elsewhere on this site. So, if you happen to be coaching a team that fits such a description, I'd really suggest you try the old "L" forecheck. I've found even young Mites capable of learning it and executing it well.
Now, although I define this as THE 2-1-2, I should really say that it's MY version of that forechecking scheme. You see, by saying it's a "2-1-2", I'm really only describing the layout of players -- as in 2 guys working in deep, one guy back high in the middle, and 2 defensemen positioned as the third wave. Coaches all around the world use the layout I've just described. And, while most of us probably teach a lot of the same tactics within this formation, I'll suggest that every coach adapts each role to his or her liking (or philosophy). All that said, here is MY version of the basic 2-1-2 forecheck... http://coachchic2.s3.amazonaws.com/The%202-1-2%20Forecheck.flv
Be a friend: Your worthwhile Comment helps Coach Chic in the search engines!

No comments:

Post a Comment