Tuesday, January 30, 2018

In hockey defense, know that "Sticks Score Goals!"

I hear you chuckling as your read that title. Sure, everyone knows that hockey sticks are ultimately responsible for putting the puck in a net. Yet, the following video is going to give you a better idea about why I make such a big deal out of such a simple premise. You might also get a hint here about my (unique?) teaching method. Because, despite all the things that go into preventing a rival player from scoring, I try to give my guys a very simple and clear end-goal to accomplish that. Said yet another way, I've found that my players are ultimately able to measure their own successes or failures in this area because I've given them this clear cut responsibility. Oh, by the way... Member coaches should see a couple of drills I use to work on this "stick controlling" skill, and I highly recommend you borrow these for your practices... http://coachchic2.s3.amazonaws.com/Sticks%20Score%20Goals.flv

No comments:

Post a Comment